Thursday, June 12, 2014

~garden pallet wall clock~{thrifty thursday DIY}

This is a fun pallet project.
It combines my love of rustic weathered pallets and gardening.

First though, I would like to say hi to my first grade school teacher Mrs. Heckendorn who apparently reads my blog every morning with her coffee.
Susan, I love you!! 

Ok, are you ready to learn how to make your own?


You will need an old pallet. I am lucky enough to have a place near me that always has a pile of them for free. So I went there and picked out the most weathered one I could find and wrangled it into the back of my sequoia. 


Then you will need to cut it into a circle with a jigsaw.
Mine is approx. 40" diameter. 
I attached a string to the very center and then using the string and pencil I 
 marked 20" out all the way around, and cut out on the line.


The back of my piece was super rickety so I attached a 2x2 to the back with 
a nail gun to secure.


Next up you will need 12 old rusty garden tools.
I got a couple at a thrift store and found the rest at The Farm Chicks this past weekend.
I am certain you can find these at garage sales for way less than I paid per tool.
Mine ranged between $3.00-$10.00 each.


Lay everything out and when you think it looks good, screw them into place.


Obviously this is not a functional clock, but I am sure you could easily do that if you wanted too.


I think the rustier and chippier the tools are, the better. 
I especially love the ones with the faded colors.


And it's a perfect addition to my potting bench!


Have a great day! 
xoxo

18 comments:

Brandi said...

So clever and unique! I love this.

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

What ia fun idea!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

this is SOOOO amazing! love the creativity!

Jen said...

That is so cute!! I just love how weathered the whole thing looks. Now if only I had a garden or backyard...

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Love the way this looks!! So very cute!! I will be on the look out for tools! :) Happy Thursday! xo Holly

Laura @ Top This Top That said...

This is just amazing!! Perfect for the outdoors.

pam {simple details} said...

Oh my gosh, you are so darn creative! That is too fun for the garden!

Kristen Churchill said...

Ah! This would be so cute with vintage kitchen gadgets too!

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Fabulous Darling !!!

Jennifer Widner said...

You're a genius! This is so cute!!

Brooke Kroeger said...

You go girl! Very cute.. love your artistic spirit... I would love for you to share it at the Home Sweet Garden Party!

See the post here ---->>>http://creativecountrymom.blogspot.com/2014/06/home-sweet-garden-party-610.html

Eclectically Vintage said...

Stop the madness - this is amazing!
Kelly

Summer Hogan said...

I am crazy about this project! You are so creative!! Love!

Syed Kazim Ali said...

Latest All Hot Current Affairs, Bollywood News updates, funny and lol pictures
HotCurrentAffairs

Bliss said...

Stopping in to pin. With any luck by summers end I will have one of these on my patio. We've already got round spool tops, and I'm sure I've got plenty of rusty tools. I love it!

Dawn said...

OMG this is to stinkin cute :) I am a new follower and Pinning to make later. Can't wait to look around your site some more :)

Carla said...

That is too cool. Love it.

Carla said...

That is too cool. Love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...